Please take some time to read this as we hope you may be putting your holiday planning in our hands. Let us tell you a little bit about ourselves and why you should choose us!
As a licensed 4WD, Motorhome, Camper and Car specialist Travel Agent we assist you with your planning, vacation or holiday in Australia. Whether it be for business or pleasure we help you find the right set of wheels as we have a large list of suppliers to choose from with excellent rates.
Who we are
Australia 4 Wheel Drive Rentals is a registered business and licensed Travel Agent in Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia. We specialise in 2 areas of travel the firstly being 'land based' Australian tours and secondly 'selfdrive hire and rentals' across Australia (hence the business name 'Australia 4 Wheel Drive Rentals'.
Our senior management alone have collectively over 30 years in the travel industry from around the world. With experience gathered from organizing tours of 1000+ people to exclusive tours for V.I.P.s.
Though our main business comes from you the 'Domestic Traveller' or 'F.I.T. Traveller' (Foreign Independent Travel). The person travelling alone, the family, the couple, the business person or group of friends. Whether you be 25 or 85 we will offer you the best customised and personalised service possible.
When we prepare a tour we actually spend a considerable amount of time deciding if the tour you are looking at suits your needs and desires. We like to know your dates and flexibility so we can compare all the available options. We like to know your thoughts on the type of trip you envisage, your approx spending anticipation level and the people you like to travel with. Often a trip may be different to what one thinks it will offer.
Our quotes would be one of the most extensive quoting systems on offer. Usually some 3 pages, though these quotes tend to offer you as much information as a quote could offer. As you can tell from this page we are not a 'fly by night' company and we actually really enjoy our jobs and take pride in our work. We would also appreciate all the feedback possible on the tours we book for you and meet with you if your in Darwin - as we say 'the kettle is always on'.
Our business hours are from 6.00 am - 10.00 pm (Mon - Fri), 6.00 am - 12.00 pm (Sat) and 6.00 am - 10.00 pm (Sundays and public holidays).
We welcome enquiries 24 ours a day,7 days a week. If you're calling form overseas don't worry about the time zone - ring whenever you like - your call will be answered.
Our business in a nutshell
We are a licensed Travel Agent in Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia (travel agent number NT-094, Australian Business Number 54-561-356-425) and are tax and GST compliant.
Our principle and General Manager has more than 11 years of experience and our operational staff and consultants have on average 12 - 20 years of industry experience. We are also able to service customers in a number of different languages including English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Malay, German, Danish and ... 'Australian'.
Where is our office?
Our office is at 341 McMillans Road, Anula, Darwin, NT, Australia.
We are approximately 1.5 km from Darwin International Airport. Turn left when you leave the airport (turning right takes you to Darwin CBD approximately 12 km away) - we're on the service road off McMillans Road.
Memberships and affiliations
We're proud to be affiliated to Tourism Top End, Alliance Francaise de Darwin and European Union Top End (NT) Inc.
Why choose us?
- We are licensed Travel Agents. In Northern Territory to be a licensed travel agent you must have the proper creditionals and most of all relevant sound experience to be a licensed agent.
- Our licensee Rob Berude has lived in Alice Springs and Darwin in Northern Territory from 1988 till now (except 1 year - 1994 in Perth). Rob grew up in the bush in Victoria high country of the Upper Yarra and coming from a family of horse trainers, rangers and conservationists. Rob has learnt bush tucker, bush medicine and the real spirit of outback Australia since he was five. Now some 40 years later his wealth of knowledge puts him in the league of travel specialists that you should be looking for. Rob also attended Northern Territory University to obtain his travel accreditations and adding his hands on experience for the last 10 years Rob has passed on this knowledge to his staff over the years.
- We show you our address clearly on our sites.
- We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- We try to get personalised and well thought out tour quotes to you within 2-6 hours between 9am-4pm weekdays and if we receive a quote after 4pm our time then next day. A quote also relies on our response from our listed tour operators. Vehicle quotes may take longer.
- We generally work directly with the Tour operator in the quote.
- The only affiliated systems we would tend to use currently are the different state government tourism booking systems such as the Connections Safaris, Connections Adventures, APT, APT- Kimberley Wilderness Adventures, Europcar and oodles all trusted and experience.
- We work with the tour operators personally when possible and hand in hand on all tours.
- As we have an extensive listed range of tour operators, one of the largest ranges in Northern Territory) we feel we can compare tours and provide you with their benefits and offer you the best tour that suits your needs and desire.
- As we only specialise in Australian land based tours (predominantly small group outback tours) though we have extensive knowledge on all other land based tours.
- Our staff actually gather as much information on the areas as possible. If you need to know the updates to access to Jim Jim Falls in Kakadu, or find the most rugged tour or the most luxurious camping tour, then we either have that information ready or will get it usually that day.
- We offer scheduled daily or regular departures in small and large group accommodated tours.
- We also offer personalised customized private charters. This is a tailored made tour that only you/you group travel on and designed around what you want to see where possible.
- When we book your tour we take into consideration your desires on the type of tour, type of vehicle and size of groups, highlights and type of people you want to be with.
- We work with some of the most respected and trusted names in the tour industry to bring you the best prices, specials, updates and packages as soon as they are made available.
- Our site is updated daily as we work 24 hours a day.