Crocodile Safety Information for Northern Australia - crocodile country.
Therefore it is important to put awareness of crocodiles and safety at the top of your priority list when living in, working in or simply visiting crocodile habitat. Living with crocodiles is not difficult so long as you bear the following points in mind.
• Always be aware that crocodiles may be present anywhere that there is water.
• Unless there is clear signage that it is safe to swim, assume that crocodiles may be present.
• Warning signs are there for your benefit! Ignoring them is foolish.
• Always check with local authorities and rangers whether an area is likely to contain crocodiles.
• If in doubt, always swim in designated swimming areas only.
• If there's no sign, don't go swimming.
• A spotlight or LED head-torch is strongly recommended at night so that any eyeshines can be seen, but a lack of eyeshines does not mean that it's safe to swim - crocodiles may be underwater.
© Courtesy and copyright of .travelnt
© We suggest you also visit a website called https://nt.gov.au/parks/learn-and-be-involved/be-crocwise-learning-materials-and-talks
Author: Content Manager at https://www.australia4wdrentals.com/